Followers

Friday 21 June 2019

Welcome Summer!





No Regrets Log Entry:  June 21st.  The Longest Day of the Year!  Welcome Summer. 

We are still experiencing a glorious rain fall.  We have had well over 2" this past week.  Everything is so lush and beautiful and smells so wonderful!  It is such a lovely time of the year.

I am thoroughly enjoying the last of the Lilacs.  I even made up a little bouquet of one stem each of the four different lilacs we have on the property.  The smell was incredible!

Lilacs in a Mason Jar to enjoy inside
The Pots around the property are all doing well.  We plant everything from 6" clay pots to 1/2 whisky barrels all over the property.  It is wonderful to discover them all.

Summer Deck Pots filling beautifully
On the north side of the studio, we have a raised bed full of shade loving perennials.  This is probably the nicest it has looked in years.  It takes a while for the Hostas and the Ferns to get to a decent size so they actually fill in the space they are occupying. So very serene! 

The Shade Raised Bed is so lush with all the rain
 Much of our flower garden is perennials.  I have always loved Columbines.  Right from the very first time I saw them.  They bloom for such a short time.  But I guess that is the way of all perennials.  You just have to enjoy them while you can!
Purple Columbine
 
Beautiful Columbine!



The little bee enjoying the Allium
It was a drippy wet day yesterday.  A perfect day for baking and sewing.  I did up 4 loaves of Rustic Sour Dough bread, a batch of Boiled Chocolate cookies for afternoon coffee with friends and spent some time out in the studio.  A perfectly spent rainy day, indeed!

Rustic Sour Dough Bread

Watermelon themed Flag Garland
This item will be available for purchase at the Tin Chicken,
when I next get to town to drop it off

Left over watermelon and green scraps from the Flag Garland
to make an adorable Dresden Plate wreath.
No plans for this yet.  It's just Cute!
We got our Booth filled last week at the Tin Chicken Antique Mall and Mercantile.  I am pleased with our space.  Chris has lots of interesting items, from a diverse group of vendors, in her new location.  I think it is going to become a real going concern.  We wish her all the best in her new venture!

Our Booth All Set Up!
A mix of hand crafted items and vintage pieces
Every now and again, we get a Mystery Egg from one of our chickens.  Recently there was the shell-less and yoke-less specimen.  This one came with a hole in the top.  You just never know what treasure you are going to find when you go out to collect the daily offerings.  We certainly never would have suspected such treasures before we had our own Chickens!  Who Knew?

A Hole in the top of the Egg!

Seriously!  A Hole!  Go Figure?!

I have always loved vintage items.  Even as a child I loved looking at old photographs, old magazines, pretty much anything from times gone by.  I guess it would be no mystery then as to why I love the simplest things in life?  

I have been collecting Vintage Mason/Canning Jars for years.  I have different shapes and sizes and several different colors as well.  When we built our home, I wanted garden style doors, complete with Transom windows.  Why?  To display my Vintage Mason Jar Collection, of course!  This is our back door.  I have the same again over the front.  The jars make me smile when I see them.  It really is the simplest things in life that I love the absolute most!

Part of my Vintage Mason Jar Collection
It has been a much quieter week out here after the busy weekend.  Why is it that everything always seems to happen within the same day or two?  I guess that is pretty much normal for everyone, isn't it?  We had a lovely time out for our monthly dinner party Saturday evening with two other couples and another lovely time here, on Father's Day with my folks, our kids and grand kids.  It is always wonderful to see everyone and catch up on all the news!

This week, Papa got one year closer to the pension.  Not one for much of a fuss, it was just us two and a simple day.  The next day we had errands to run, so we met up with good friends for a quick bite and visit.   

And that is about it for this week.  I hope this finds you all well and enjoying your own little piece of happiness, where ever that may be!

Until next time.  

Regards,

Gremlynn







No comments:

Post a Comment